| Senior School Homework|
| Subject || Submission Date ||Homework : 12 B |
||Attempt the attached Question Bank on Continuity and Differentiability. |
Question Bank Continuity and Differentiability.pdf
||1. Read the second part of the excerpt 'Lost Spring' by Anees Jung and be prepared for a discussion. Focus on the relevant connections that can be drawn with the first part of the story.
2. Memorise any two stanzas of the poem 'An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum' by Stephen Spender.
3. Revise 'An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum', 'Deep Water', 'Lost Spring' for a Review. (Recitation and Review will be conducted once the school reopens so don't wait for the last moment to revise) |
||1) Create any scenery on the canvas of size 18?X24?inches using acrylic colours.
2) Draw 20 still life sketches in your sketch book.
||1) Referring to the still life pictures available on the Internet, set a similar still life with the objects available at home. Now create two painting from different angles in natural and monochromatic colours.
2) Create two Situational compositions with three human figures.
Topic- Market scene and Railway scene.
3) Draw 20 still life sketches in your sketch book.
||Question Bank-Patterns of Social Inequality and Exclusion
1.Discuss how caste system is discriminatory in nature.(2)
2.Give two examples to show how prolonged experience of discrimination behaviour often produces a reaction from the socially excluded group like the dalits.(2)
3.Highlight the importance of integration of the differently abled into the mainstream educational system. (2)
4.How do we decide whether a certain kind of portrayal or depiction is prejudiced or not?(2)
5.Collect two examples of prejudiced behaviour from films or novels.(4)
6.Can you distinguish between instances of prejudice that were intentional and instances that were unintentional with the examples from films/novels. (examples should be different
from the examples given for Q3)?(4) |
||1. Revise for a Review on 'Journey to the End of the Earth' and 'Lost Spring: Stories of Stolen Childhood'
2. After having gone through the handout followed by the discussion we will start the process of on Academic Essay Writing. I am sure you have identified the text you want to use for the essay, done some critical readings and preliminary research on the topic of your essay.
Write the thesis statement in about 150 words which will comprise the main argument, conflict and the issue that you would be focusing on. This will be the first paragraph of your essay, which should be emailed at email@example.com latest by Sunday, the 29th of March.
The texts that can be used for the essay are : 'The Catcher in the Rye' by J.D Salinger, 'Of Mice and Men' by John Steinbeck, 'The Hound of Baskervilles' by Arthur Conan Doyle or 'Othello' by William Shakespeare) |
||Use the code sent in your email to join my Google class room. Complete the assignment uploaded therein and submit tomorrow. |
||Do questions 1-15 from Q bank on AOD
Mrs Saini |
||Complete the questions from the Question Bank on Human Development. This question bank has already been mailed to you. |